Bridal Planning Checklist
Twelve-Month Planning Calendar for Brides
9 – 12 Months Before
- Determine your budget.
- Set the date and time.
- Reserve Ceremony & Reception location(s).
- Make arrangements with officiator.
- Create a guest list.
- Begin shopping for photographers, caterers, musicians, invitations and florists.
- Begin shopping for wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and rings.
- Choose your wedding party and invite your attendants to participate.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
6 – 9 Months Before
- Order your wedding dress.
- Order bridesmaid dresses (or have your bridesmaids order themselves).
- Order invitations and stationary (for thank-you cards).
- Select men’s apparel and reserve any rental attire.
- Send a "Save-the-Date" announcement with hotel suggestions to those traveling.
- Hire photographer, caterer, music providers (for ceremony & reception) and florist.
- Determine rehearsal dinner plans and reserve location.
3 – 6 Months Before
- Order/purchase wedding rings.
- Order wedding cake.
- Create your wedding registry.
- Finalize guest list and gather addresses.
- Track any gifts and send thank-you notes as soon as possible.
- Finalize honeymoon plans.
- Plan ceremony; readings, music, programs, flower girl, ring bearers, etc.
- Select and order guest favors for the reception.
- Find out what is required to obtain a marriage license (blood tests, papers, etc.)
1 – 2 Months Before
- Finalize floral arrangements.
- Confirm menu with caterer.
- Schedule hair and make-up appointments.
- Send invitations (6-8 weeks before).
- Make sure all deposits and confirmations have been made with service providers.
- Select gifts for attendants.
- Make sure all fittings are finalized.
- Finalize rehearsal dinner plans and send invitations to included guests (send after wedding invitations).
2 –4 Weeks Before
- Track RSVP’s and finalize guest count.
- Make seating chart for reception and create placecards (alphabetize).
- Get marriage license.
- Send wedding announcement to newspapers.
- Pick up wedding dress.
1 Week Before
- Confirm final guest count with caterer.
- Hold wedding rehearsal.
- Confirm travel details and pack for Honeymoon.
- Prepare fees for officiator and service providers; mark in separate envelopes to give the appropriate parties.
- Confirm with those giving speeches and/or toasts.
- Arrange snacks and emergency basket for bridesmaid with mints, hairspray, extra nylons, etc.
- Prepare cake knife and toasting glasses or arrange with caterer.
1 Day Before
- Make any final confirmations with service providers.
- Make sure dress, shoes, veil, rings, marriage license, etc. are ready to take to the ceremony.
- Do something to relax!!!
- Attend beauty appointments.
- Take photographs before or after ceremony.
- Arrive and dress 1 to 2 hours before ceremony starts or scheduled photographs.